Girijan Cooperative Corporation
- Girijan Cooperative Corporation (GCC) was established in 1956 for the socio-economic development of Agency tribals.
- It was appointed as Government Agent and conferred Monopoly Rights through “MFP (Regulation of Trade) Regulation (1) of 1979” vide G.O.Ms.No.20 SW (F2) Dept dt 14.02.1983.
- (25) items notified as MFP are permitted for procurement.
- At present 487 (381 Regular, 106 Contract) employees are engaged in the service of the tribals through a network of Head Office at Hyderabad. (3) Divisional Offices, (18) Society Offices, (8) MLS Points and (365) Depots in the State of Telangana.
Procurement of MFP / AP
Procurement of Minor Forest Produce & Seasonal Agricultural Produce from the tribal by ensuring remunerative prices and eliminating middlemen.
- Rock Bee Honey
- Gum – Karaya
- Mohwa Flower
- Mohwa seed
- Puumgum Seed
- Soap Nuts
- Soya Beans
- 2013-14 – GCC (In Telangana)achieved Rs.11580.50 lakhs business turn over .
- 2014-15 – GCC (In Telangana) achieved Rs. 11122.02 lakhs business turn over .
- 2015-16 – TS GCC Action Plan 15000.00 lakhs . Achivement up to August 2015 4475.48 lakhs.
Distribution of Essential Commodities
Supply of Essential Commodities and other Daily Requirements through a net-work of Daily Requirement Depots.
Supply of Food Provisions and Cosmetics Items
Supply of Food provisions and Cosmetic items to Tribal Educational Institutions.
Value Addition & Retail Marketing
Processing of MFP / AP for value addition and Retail Marketing
Agricultural Credit Support
- Seasonal Agriculture credit facilities to the tribal farmers / Society members.
- All the major establishments including the Head Office, Processing and Manufacturing Units were in AP State.
- Therefore, for the Telangana GCC, new establishments i.e. Head Office, MFP value addition units, new Divisional Offices/buildings, personnel recruitment, vehicles etc. are to be taken up.